Thursday, February 5, 2009

Project 740 #5: Great idea... not.




With Grip Day coming up this weekend, I wasn't sure if I wanted to run the stocker since the forecast that weekend was rain. Then I had a great idea. Why not run this Volvo that's taking up a parking spot and pissin' oil all over the street. It would be a great shake down of the car


So I began with constructing a battery hold down. Not too shabby for about 10 minutes of work and some spare parts in the garage.


Unfortunately, the next thing I did put a halt on that idea. Since the car is still shod with one bald donut, it needed to be changed. There was a 14in spare located in the boot with a good tire. I guess 14in rims are a no no on these cars cause it's rubbing on the brake caliper. FYI these cars are equipped with 16in wheels.

Well scratch that idea and now we revert back to the original plan of running the ol' stocker.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: