Thursday, September 29, 2011

Blind Fury: The American Zatoichi

Got a chance to watch tje movie Blind Fury. Since it's like an americanized version of the uber cool Zatoichi movies, I needed to sit down and watch. Can't say I really liked it much. The story wasn't worth mentioning fight scenes were o.k. But may i'm just too biased because i'm too much of a fan of Zatoichi. But if it's on t.v and you got time i'd say watch cause you never know if you'll like it.
Enhanced by Zemanta

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Like a bad sequel of the sequel

This has been going at a real snails pace.  Cars been up on jacks for 3 weeks now and I still have not finished.  Being a nitpick really doesn't help here either.  But since i decided to re-envision the transmission mount, it's taking another weekend of thinking and sketches. 

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Soldiers

Always organized and ready for the next job.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gettin the shaft

Last epsisode, I was left hanging with the incorrect drive shaft. So I tried searching the net, for some leads on a driveshaft. But it seems no one had one for sale.  So I headed out to the yard to try my luck. I guess I was pretty lucky that weekend. Not only did I find the car, early 80's Toyota Celica, it was ready for removal. Didn't have to go under and get dirty. I should have played the lottery.  But I was content with the acquisition of the driveshaft.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Close call

But no cigar....

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The W-58 project starts

Since completing the ball joint replacement, I feel like I'm on a roll.  It got me motivated to work on the french lilac special.  And that fact I've been really neglecting it for quite sometime.  Both in terms of driving and maintenance.  One thing I've been wanting to do is upgrade the transmission.  So out goes the semi-pathetic T-50 and in goes the it's larger cousin, the W-58.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tired Joints

As old red gets old, things are bound to get loose.  So it's no surprise that the ball joints have finally decided to let go.  Actually they've been gone for a few months i've just been putting it off for a while.  I was hoping to get the shop to do the work, cause i'm too lazy to lift a wrench.  But such is not the case, since they were busy all day.  So i'm had to spend my labor day doing the job myself.  Well if you want something done, gotta do it yourself.  At least I know it'll done right.  And if I screw up it's all me.  Damn, I need someone too blame if something goes wrong.

 In order to be successful I needed to remove the lower control arm.  Didn't have a ball joint press which would have cut the necessity of removing the lower control arm.

 But I do have a hydraulic press in the back, it's very convenient to remove and install the ball joints.

It sucks I always gotta scrounge around for adapters to make it work.  The first one wasn't so hot.

  But the next one was a success.

After about an hour of hard labor and busted knuckles old red is feeling better and much more solid.  Look ma no more steering wheel shake.
Enhanced by Zemanta