Monday, July 6, 2009

Megan Drift Challenge

Reason why I tried out for this event was cause of the cash prize being offered. Since it's nice to win some money while having fun. I thought I had a shot at winning this pot, a long shot. But if you bring a knife to a gun fight don't expect miracles. That pretty much sums up my day. Struggled pretty much all day trying to at least get one clean run with a car that wasn't up to par ever since I put it back together. I just feel bad that I failed my peers and couldn't put on a good show for the spectators who came to watch. I shall do better next time, but it's time to move on.


Next stop ASB!

Now that i've got all my emo ramblings out of the way lets take a look at what went on that day.


The two most important items of the day. Lots of water and good sunscreen. I don't know what the temperature was that day. But it was taking a toll when you're wearing a black multi layer racing suit and helmet.


The ladies of Megan racing showing off what their mommies gave them. I'm glad it's not Cyrus or else we'll all be blind.


Good friend and O.G. Team Cipher Antonio A. took time out of his busy schedule to visit.


Mark S. broke the transmission in the Inland Drift 240sx earlier


It took a hachiroku guy to fix it.




Big thanks to all who put this all together:
Megan Racing
Drift Association
Nexen tire
Nitro 2 Go

Also thanks goes to these guys:
Colin F who I asked for some advice before the compeitition and I ended up in the wall j/k.
Luc who was kind enough to let me borrow a wheel when I popped a tire. Even though I forfeited. Oh well I wouldn't have mattered I sucked.

For some pics swing by here


Did I mention it was really hot out there?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]