Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Is it a sin?

Modifying ones tools. I'm usually adamant about purchasing the tools to get the job done right. Back when I was turning a wrench for a living, I always took notice of the more experienced mechanics with their modified tools. These were modified Snap-On and Mac tools. Back then, I never could bring myself to do such heinous acts. Since I was still paying for mine. And for those who don't know, those tools are definitely not cheap.

Since I was trying to finish my project. I searched around for something that may get the job done without success. So I did the unthinkable. I took a spare wrench I had laying around, and did a bit of grinding.

Here's the modified (left) and unmodified tool.

Here's modified tool fitting in some tight areas.

Just like my car parts, I'm accumulating duplicate spares of tools without realizing it. I'll have to take inventory cause I can't seem to remember what I have anymore.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: