Thursday, July 29, 2010

In traffic




Seen this on my way home from work.This brought old memories of my old'88 Toyota 4Runner. Loved rolling with the top off during the summer months, since a/c never worked, just nice smoggy air from congested traffic. Heading out to Big Bear Mountain for a weekend camp trip. Sleeping in the back looking at the stars at night, listening to mosquitoes trying to take a bit out of you. Nothing else like it. And no matter how much I beat on it, the 22r engine was tough as nails and kept on going. Gotta love them 80's Toyotas

Godspeed mini blackzilla whereever
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Arlyne Nelms said...

You're so lucky to have a camera beside you. You should have taken a closer shot to give more detail to that 40runner. Anyway, I do recall this model’s first generation. My uncle used to have one, and it was a 1986 Toyota pickup. It was a reliable and trustworthy truck that served my uncle for years in his ranch business.