Friday, November 27, 2009

In the presence of greatness.

skusa20090134

Watching some of the best drivers in the world up close and personal is a wish for many motorsports fans. For the lucky few it's a dream come true. I have to say i'm one of the lucky ones. Wasting time on the net like I usually do, I came across a post on Cold Track Days that Michael Schumacher was going to be in Las Vegas to race at a kart event. It was hard for me to believe such celebrity such as him would be at a kart event. So I had to make the trek to Vegas and find out.

skusa20090054

Since I can only be there for a day, I headed out early to catch the start of the event. After a few hours, low and behold the man himself. It's truely hard to believe i'm so close to this guy so I took full advantage of this photo opportunity.

skusa20090338

skusa20090303

Since he's retired from racing it's like I lost the chance to ever see him race. But today i'm one of the lucky ones. Watching him race was so awesome. I can only imagine how the drivers felt racing against him. I wish it was me dueling on the tarmac with him. Time to retire the corolla and get a kart.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: