Thursday, October 16, 2008

Somewhere in Torrance: The Toyota Museum


In a city not too far from me there's a unmarked warehouse that houses quite a few interesting vehicles from Toyota. Last week I was fortunate to tour the facilities. I was here a few years ago but didn't have a camera capture these Toyota moments. This time I was prepared, let's take a look.

Toyota's first imported cars. The Toyopet Crown full restored to it's original glory and very rare I might add.


Toyota's first imported van aka Toyota Van. I'm curious why they didn't put name until the next generation van, the Previa. This one above is equipped with an ice cooler/ ice maker.



The FJ series vehicles, in my opinion, one of the best 4WDs to ever come out at the time.



An old IMSA GTP race car, Formula Atlantic, and Champ car, put out to pasture in the Toyota Museum.



Toyota Crown, I swear this looks like a knock off of an american domestic, heck the Toyopets kinda remind me of early 50's Chevy's. And people whine about the chinese copying things.

Unfortunately, the point and shoot's battery took a dump and cut short the photos.

The museum isn't open to the public, only by invitation/ reservation. If you're a Toyota person, or just have a fascination of all things car this is one of the places you should visit. Thanks to toyotageek for the invite.

Here's the link for the rest of the pics here.

No comments: