Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sevenstock11

This weekend's regular Cars and Coffee meet was temporarily interrupted to make way for the annual pilgrimage of rotary fans from all over. The 11th year of Sevenstock was held at Mazda headquarters in Irvine, Ca. The last time I attended this meeting was a few years ago at the Mazda R&D center when I brought my 3 out. I didn't bring out the 3 this year since i'm lazy and didn't want to pull it out of storage. Yes I have alot of junk all over it.

I took mainly pics of the old school cars, since there's just a bunch of later model stuff and they just seem all the same to me. But don't fret, I tried to capture cars that caught my eye.



A very rare Mazda Cosmo. No wonder Jay Leno decided to pick one up for himself. There's just nothing else like it.

The rotary trucks.


Yes I like the old stuff.

Humongous flare RX 3, ready to do battle on the circuit.

A really clean RX 2. Hmmm... I do like the lambo doors.

Car and Driver series RX 2 race car. Owned by Jim Downing.

Beautifully done RX 4.

There were alot of RX 7's everywhere but here's a couple I took.

Shod with Work Meister wheels. Never seen a 1st gen with these kind of wheels and I like it alot.

One of many rows of FC3S.

3rd Gen showing support for the clean air crowd.

For some reason thoughts of Paul McCartney and Steve Wonder came to mind:
Ebony and ivory
Live together in perfect harmony
Side by side on my piano keyboard
...

Of course there were a couple frankenstein creations on tap.

Datsun 510 with a 13B turbo transplant.

Datsun 1200 equipped with an NA 13B.


Yes son, it's got turbo 3 rotor. Avoid this one.

The Diamond Star family couldn't resist the powers of rotary.

Dodge Col/ Mitsubishi Lancer

There quite a few interesting vehicles that were also roaming around the area too.

A Tesla roadster dressed like a ninja silently makes it's way through the Mazda parking lot unnoticed. Luckily for I was able to snap this before it disappered to the Mazda's underground garage.

A rotary power super duty, the newest venture between Mazda and Ford.

Say it isn't so. 2nd gen. RX7 sacraficing it's own hood to make a rear wing. With that let's close our tour of Sevenstock 11.

For more information for next year's event, please visit their website www.sevenstock.org

Other pics are available here

No comments: