Thursday, October 22, 2009

AE86 Tech #86-13: The cheap bender

Halloween iconImage via Wikipedia








Since it's nearing Halloween and being this is the 13th tech, means absolutely nothing. Except for another cheap way of doing stuff. This time I explore bending brakes. Since I can't afford one I made a cheap one. With a couple pieces of metal and a hydraulic press.


Welding a couple pieces of metal I came up with this. Not too bad.


And this is how it works.

Sure i could probably get the same results with a vise and a good size hammer. But we're really after the cosmetics. You know me, it's gotta look good for sho'!


Anyways I don't think you can make this on the vise.


Another thing that this thing is good for is holding pipe on the the drill press. Too bad I don't have a drill press to utilize this amazing piece.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: