Friday, June 13, 2008

The Aftermath


So begins the mission of replacing the engine for yet another ghetto faboulous build from yours truly, after blowing up the engine at the last Drift Day. Lately, I have been so busy with many things I haven't had much time to work on the car. Usually one day out of the week, for a couple of hours, I work on the car.


Right now i've been trying to source some used pistons to get another motor together. This has been no easy task. I thought everyone was like me and they just toss it in the back until it's ready for use. It seems everyone to throw this stuff away WTH?! If it's still good save it never know if a 4AG nerd will need them. I had a source that had some pistons, they were really dirty, I thought I can just clean them up and good to go. Unfortunately, as you can see above it has lived a miserable life. So goes the search.



Here is the block I am prepping for the next transplant.

You may ask why I don't upgrade to aftermarket forged pistons. It's like trying to make a 4AC fast. Sure you can make it fast it'll take a lot of money, but it still won't surpass the powers of 4AG. And since I have become addicted to power, I feel 4AG will just hold me back unless I have deep pockets. So i'll be looking for other options in my quest for more power. Please note, this is my opinion, you may or may not agree with this logic. And since I track the car a lot i'd rather spend it on seat time anyways.

No comments: