Monday, October 2, 2017

South Pacific Island + Ariana Grande= Singapore GP

Singapore 09-16-17_023
Many months back I made a decision to head out to place called Singapore, to see the singing diva Ariana Grande and as a bonus watch Formula 1.  The only night race on the Formula 1 schedule and also what I thought at the time, it’s final race.  But we now know that’s all fake news.  No matter, this place was off the hook fun.
  
    20170913_165828
After a grueling 16 hour flight, I touched down a Changi airport I was greeted by an Evo wagon in pure JDM form.  They drive the right side on this island thanks to the british colonist who once occupied this land.  One thing that caught me off guard was the heat and humidity.  I don’t know which is worse.  The Philippines or here, since I was doing more walking, it seems like Singapore was a bit tough. 

20170917_225626
A view from the hotel room.  The Park View hotel, it’s a nice place but definitely didn’t have a view of the park.  But it was conveniently located close to the track, about 1/2 mile.  It’s also close to a lot of food and shopping areas that I didn’t need stray away from the hotel.

20170913_162933
No need for a rental car.  Public transportation here is one of the best.  I took the subway system for all my touristy needs.  Just make sure you follow all the rules.

Singapore 09-16-17_087
7-11 was literally on every corner in Singapore and I frequented daily.  For random snacks and bottled water.  Lots and lots of bottled water.

Singapore 09-15-17_017
As for the race itself, one of the best events I attended so far.  The seating at Singapore is way closer to the track and cars than any other event I've attended so far.  I would guesstimate that I was about 20 feet away from where I was sitting that I could probably see their eyes if it weren’t for the tinted shields. 

Singapore 09-15-17_045
Singapore has the best track side views.  Makes for some really pretty photos.

Singapore 09-15-17_064
A view from the pit seats.

Singapore 09-16-17_042
A view form the Padang grandstands.

Singapore 09-17-17_034
Stamford grandstand. 

The night time concerts weren’t bad either.

Singapore 09-16-17_038
Ariana Grande lit up Saturday.

Singapore 09-17-17_012
And Duran Duran on Sunday.

Singapore 09-17-17_049
Congrats to Hamilton for keeping his nose clean and taking the win.

I definitely enjoyed my time at the races and will make an effort to return to the truly awesome place.  But the rest of the pics can be seen here and here.

No comments: