Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Friday track day

Barney for the most part has been more of a hibernating bear than an attack bear.  Once a year I take him out for a few laps to get the juices flowing before he goes back into hibernation mode.  A few weeks back a friend invited me out to streets of willow for some Friday event.  Since it was almost the end of the year I figure it was time to wake up barney.


My assumption that it was going to be a small private event, since not many people can make it out on a Friday.  I was wrong, it was part of a Nissan Sentra/ SR20 owners club meet.  So quite a few cars showed up.

Kevin, Cedu and Steve were out with their corollas to have a some fun.  Unfortunately, Cedu's day ended in a thrashed transmission and tow home.  But like a true corolla owner, he had spare at home.  I had my own problems with things falling off and hoses springing leaks.  Yeah it's stuff I should have taken care.  That's what i get for not doing prep work.

 U.N. Spacy helmet from Macross and Asuka from Evangelion.  Because anime runs his life.


During the sessions out on track, I kept fighting with the car trying to keep it in line.  I guess it's been so since i've been at a grip event that I couldn't develop a smooth rythm. 

 Most of the day the car was in drift mode, it just kept begging me to kick the tail out.  I figured it was the R comps were getting a bit dodgy, so the grip wasn't as good as when they were new.  But I saw this and thought may be it's time to get build a spoiler.


 Dogs and track days seem to be a common thing nowadays.  Like crying babies on airplanes.

 But I think the problem driving, was my lack of concentration.  That's my excuse and i'm sticking to it.

 
 Overall it was a fantastic day at the track.  Spaghetti & chicken for lunch, girls to distract me, and lateral g's to thrash me, what more can I ask for.  Now it's time to put barney back into hibernation mode for the winter until the next track day.

For the rest of the photos here.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: