Monday, January 14, 2013

Mega whaa..


 For quite sometime, i've been thinking about using a megasquirt standalone computer.  Most elitist would probably turn their noses, preferring to stick with names like ___tec or ___tech but I've tinkered with a quite few standalones.  Compared the best and worst of each of them.  But I'm a simple person with simple needs.  So the megasquirt fits the quite nicely.  Being that the price was good and it has great flexibility in options, I thought I should give it a try.


The kit I choose was a plug n play system so at least this time i'm building the computer and not the  wire harness..  Though I won't be throwing this on the purple flame.  This will go on the grey goose.


The main goal is to get the engine running cleaner, with a slight increase in power to boot (at least for the time being).  Inspiration for this setup coming from the Tec Arts eco 86. You may think this bloke is bloomin' mad, why bother.  But then again why do people spend on TE37V only to hard park it at ___ meet/show, because you can.

When I get bored of it,  I can always change it to a destroyer of worlds tune.  Gotta love the standalone computers.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: