Friday, September 4, 2009

March Field Air Museum


I notice the museum on my way to Inland Drift. Since I wasn't planning to be drifting all day I made a detour on my way home. Since I was already in the area, I might as well take advantage.


The museum itself is housed in a few hangers joined together, housing military artifacts from both sides of the many wars we learned about in history class. Though the cool stuff was outside baking in the hot hot sun.

I've seen some of these planes back when I used to attend the air shows when I lived on military bases, watching the acrobatic flying of the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds.


Stepping outside to the aircraft parking lot I was drawn towards the bombers. Never really seen one up close and they are definitely a site to see. Since they pretty much tower over anything else. Here is the inside one of 2 bomb bays in the B-52. Without a reference it's difficult to gauge the size of the bay.


The wingspan creates a lot of shade from the sun. Notice the bench seat near the end of the wing.


SR-71 Blackbird looking very menacing. Or could this be Jetfire laying in wait to be awaken again?


B-29 Superfortress hiding between 2 F-4 Phantoms


Cobra gunship don't piss this guy off.


A-4 Skyhawk in Aggressor Squandron colors. Holy shit, it's Viper!

It was alot of walking, but definitely worth it. Even in 100+ heat. But if you like aircraft that can kill please visit their site for more info.

View the rest of the photos here.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: