Monday, May 11, 2015

This ain't in San Diego



Even though I don't own a Z car, I always try and make it a point to check out the Z car west coast nationals.  Put on by Motorsport Auto in the city of Orange every year in April.  What I always loved about the show is the different styles of builds that are displayed.  Compared to other events where it's usually cookie cutter styling, following everyone else's styling that different cars start to look the same.  



Since I've attended a couple of shows over the years, it's hard to find something that's different from the last time I visited.  But I know that the event won't fail me.

This is the first time I've seen this on the early Z car.  Usually they're on the newer Z cars like the Z32 and Z33.  I'm not much of a fan of the doors but I'd rock it just for kicks.

Not really a Z but it's got the heart of one.  Really love this car.  It's a nice clean build and it's powered by 2 less cylinders.

I do like how they incorporated the stromberg carburetors.  Kind of like paying homage to the early hot rodders.  That's what it's all about.


 An almost forgotten Z model, this nicely executed Z31 shows you can make them into clean drivers. 

Stance, yes I understand.  Performance standing still.

Stance, for those who can't get enough of this stuff.

The most unique interior by far.  This old house has infected this old car.

My favorite engine bay of the day.  This particular Z was sporting some old school HKS gear.  Though I'd ditch the twin turbo badge, it just doesn't fit with the theme.  Unless he's going to import nights event.  I'd also switch out the newer BOV for the older version.  Hmm, maybe it is built for import nights.

Another clean turbo engine bay, lovely.  Old school with it's own style.

Patina, you can fake it, but it doesn't beat the real thing.

Carbon fiber addiction?

Though it's smaller than previous events, it's still a great show nonetheless.  It's always great to the Z's that don't follow others when it comes to styling.  Though I could have posted a little bit more pictures, it's time for  a break.  So here's a link to the rest.




No comments: