Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What's in Austin?


Things in Austin 11-12
Never been to Austin before and I never thought I would ever visit here until Formula 1 decide to plant it's seed here.  But what kind of city is the capital of Texas like to the average motorhead.  A couple of random snaps in and around the city.



Things in Austin 11-12
They're like any other american city and they know what they like.

Things in Austin 11-12
Everything I see is Texas big, even their waffles.  Waffles yum

Things in Austin 11-12
The Tower at the University of Texas at Austin.  It's pretty tall for a clock tower and can be seen in many parts of the city.  It let's everyone  know it's time for some football.  Go Longhorns!


Things in Austin 11-12
Girls in Austin like to read more.  Or at least that's what kind of vibe i'm getting.

Things in Austin 11-12
A lovely view of Lake Travis, at sunset.  It's located just out side of Austin.  A popular spot for those into water power sports.  If you notice it's running a bit low on water thanks to global warming.  Hmm Formula 1 may not be such a hot idea here. 

Things in Austin 11-12
Something that shouldn't be missed while in Texas, is real Texas BBQ.  I thought I knew what BBQ was until the bar was set here.  It was so damn good, that I got bought another.  Just wish I could have taken it home with me.

Things in Austin 11-12
One thing I did notice is their love for cannons, it seems every I look there's a cannon being pointed at someone.  But then again Texas history began with the cannon.  How do I know this?

Things in Austin 11-12
I went to the Bob Bullock Texas State history museum and learned about it.  Like G.I. Joe says; Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Things in Austin 11-12
The state's capitol build is also another place to be in awe when you see it.  Its small in the picture, but were about a 1/4 mile away.  And no I don't live my life a 1/4 mile at a time

Formula 1 in Austin Texas
I really like this place and  I would recommend anyone who's just thinking about it to come and visit.  Lots of good food, beautiful and smart girls, and.....


Formula 1 in Austin Texas
Formula 1




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: